4-1

1. The main and really only dramas that were played back then was comedy and tragedy. Tragedy was more of the serious drama about more of the common themes such as love hate and war. Comedy  contained scenes with " slapstick situations and crude humor"

2. I feel like if I was in a John Carroll play but I was also the director I would try and make the play pretty funny. I feel like a comedy play would be more entertaining. little easier to make. I also feel like it would be similar to the the greek play because I would put the characters in slapstick situations. Greek also some times made fun of politics which I feel like would be funny but I don't know if I would do that because people are really sensitive and if you portray something that you don't agree with they could get mad.




3.

I feel like it is crazy how big this was and how many people it could fit at one time. I also can't believe this many people went to it a lot and enjoyed it so much that they wanted to keep going back for almost every play. A questions I had is how many people could a theatre like this even hold. And also I like how it is outside so it could be a nice setting for when you are watching it.

Comments

  1. Some of the bigger Greek theaters could hold over 10,000 people. Imagine seeing a play in a venue as big as the Baltimore Arena or the Verizon Center - but with no microphones or speakers - and everyone could hear the actors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3-25

3-23-20

4-21